Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Fight Song (My Song of Redemption)

In the depths of my wandering, I'm wandering away from the Light. I have made friends with the darkness because I like myself there. But even in the loudest noise in that darkness, I could only hear a cry. A small cry of a frightened heart. I dont want to hear it anymore but the cry breaks the noise even louder and louder...Louder than any other noise I could hear. I am reluctant to leave the dark but as the cry of that heart turns to be the only voice, the only sound i could hear, I cannot just take it for granted. It resounds a painful chords in my peace.

I'm finding out where the voice is coming from. I am digging deeper to where I last heard of it. And I am coming closer and closer and closer. It seems that the voice itself is looking for me, getting closer to me, searching me. Then comes the endpoint. I see my own reflection in the dark, like a dream I could not awake. The only light I cling to is the smallest light coming from the heart that cry. I have discovered for a thousand times now, that the voice I hear is the only hope I need to listen to for me to go back to the light, to where I first found hope.

The voice I hear is the voice of my own heart, the small portion of God's hope abiding in me in that dark, dark valleys.

Now this is the hardest part, the battle to go back, back to following the light, the new hope granted to me. I already know that there's nothing left for me in this darkness I'm dwelling, that everything I am meant to be is in the light.. But that to go back to the light requires me to leave behind EVERYTHING that belongs to the darkness. I need that heart to light a torch in my path, that I may go back to light. And I MUST LEAVE BEHIND EVERYTHING THAT BELONGS TO THE DARKNESS.

My song of redemption, my prayer, my worship is clearly described in the words of Psalm 69.

No comments:

Post a Comment