Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Scattered Thoughts

Writing goes deep in my heart, deep into my soul... It’s hard though because I have to dig deeper into the silence of my own soul where my Creator, the giver of all beautiful things that will be poured out of me, whisper a soulful food for my hungry soul. To write is to bleed... There is a hungry generation waiting for the rain, the pouring out of what fills their thirsty soul. And I heard of this phrase somewhere, "that we must be filled if we are to pour out". And yes we are pouring out... investing a voice into this present generation. It’s just a matter of what kind are we giving or where do we get our pouring... we have to get connected to the right source. What are we listening to? What kind of voices do we get attached to everyday? There is a busy life, a busy street, and even a busy home that is waking us up every day of our life. It is simply calling us to join them in the rhythm of their heartbeat. And soon we join them. I’m not saying it’s a bad thing. It’s just that, if we don’t get connected to God, the giver of our rest and peace, we will just allow the flow to overwhelm us, we get burned-out, and we swim along where everybody is going.

It’s a tough life but in toughness and hardships and struggles, we see the real beauty of living. It is simple. Life is simply life when it is lived intentionally for the true purpose we gain it.

It is a scattered day for me today. Burned out really. Hungry for God. And yet I am crying out, pouring out. It is my way of disposing junk from within me, that maybe blocking the creativity being handed over me. Because as much as I want to flow the life of Jesus through me, I can’t. I have to stop, to pause for a little while and find true meaning into what I have been doing. All that's within me right now is hurting me, hurting the spirit inside this body and my soul is restless. I have allowed the flesh to win in the battle of the supernatural. It is sad.

And for all this I may borrow a quote from one of the blogs I followed, "It's never cliché to admit I can't do a thing apart from Him. While He lives to intercede for me, my very breath depends on His mercy and grace. "

I’m gonna be away for a little while, and when I get back, I’m gonna let my cup overflow with all the goodness of the struggles God has allowed me to go through. I’m gonna need your prayers and yes, I will be praying too. Here’s me, not much to say, but so much to pray.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." - Romans 8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment