Friday, September 16, 2011

Currently Reading: iLove (by: Johanna Castellanos)

Chapter 1: A Good Beginning

Our true happiness is found only in God. The Lord has prepared only one special person for each of us. If we mistakenly choose just anyone to marry, it will mark the rest of our lives. BUT if we wait and allow God to guide us, our marriage will be the greatest blessing that we will enjoy for the rest of our lives.

Yes, you got it right. This book speaks of how we can truly trust God to be the author of our love story. It teaches us to WAIT on God. I am clinging to the promise of God in Jeremiah 29:11. "For I know..." Yes I am sure and convinced that my future is secure in God.

And as I reflect on this chapter, I learned of the process that I must experienced prior to meeting my hubby. (well, I will share my story about being impatient, and longing for that someone... some other time).

1. Formation
     Many youth ask themselves, "Why is God taking so  long to give me my soul-mate?" The answer is simple, in fact, the response is in the form of another question: IS HIS CHARACTER IN YOU? (Galatians 5:22)
     Is God's character already in me? Am i really allowing God to mold me and form me into His likeness?

2. Waiting On God
     Well I have made the same covenant to God in terms of waiting in the name of Love.
     a. Never do anything in SECRET. Be accountable.
     b. Never have a relationship with a person that doesn't share the same Christian principles.
     This one I have to add for myself:
     c. Am I spiritually, emotionally, mentally, and physically ready to consider my feelings for a guy?

3. Establish Principles
     I am still in the midst of evaluating my life and my heart. I will share my list of 12 principles regarding how I will guard my heart. I am reminded of this verse in Song of Songs 2:7 - Do not awaken love until it so desires.

4. Falling In Love
     I have nothing to tell yet about this section. Just be firm in your decisions and don't fall in love with just any person.

5. Marriage
     Marriage is the final result of the process.
     Be a person of covenant. Let's not skip stages because it could produce hurt and wounds that could have been avoided.
    Each stage that you take with God leads to blessing in every area of your life. The Lord gives us a seed and it is our responsibility to take care of it so that it will produce the desired fruit.
    A marriage that is founded on God is powerful. We must seek the Lord's perfect will in this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment