Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Compassion in Action

Sundays are always the best day of my week. I got to really be filled with the spirit of God and refreshed my thoughts and my tasks. The best part of my Sunday was discipleship, where I could spend time with my fellow sisters, fellow disciples of Christ, spend time with my discipler. It was so much learning and fellowship is refreshing.

So anyways, this week we focus on “God’s Secret of Multiplication”. We are all born to multiply. John 6:5-15.

But I’d like to focus on this certain pointer that really thug my heart personally. Somehow, this has been what God was patiently dealing with me. I’m so much glad He is so patient with me, even though I am losing patience myself.

Talking about COMPASSION IN ACTION. Mark 6:34.

Mark 6:34 - There is no great commission without compassion.
The Message version -
When Jesus arrived, he saw this huge crowd. At the sight of them, his heart broke—like sheep with no shepherd they were. He went right to work teaching them.

King James Version
And Jesus, when he came out, saw much people, and was moved with compassion toward them, because they were as sheep not having a shepherd: and He began to teach them many things.

We are designed by God NOT to be a CONTAINER of blessing but a CHANNEL of blessing. We must know our obligation in the life of the people that God entrusted to us. And yes, that means all the life of the people that God graciously entrusted to us – family, friends, boss, even strangers who happens to be there. If we don’t see the condition of the people around us, we will not do it for God; we will not do it purposefully and intentionally.

And those two words strike me even more. PURPOSEFULLY and INTENTIONALLY. I must do things for God not just to comply, but because I know in my heart I am destined to be productive and destined to multiply. Loving people is not about numbers, it’s all about compassion. And that compassion will result to multiplication. You will produce a loving family if you have planted love in your family. You will produce relationship, and yes, even a God-centered relationship, if you will really put your priorities on loving God first and loving the people He died for. Again, it’s all about compassion in action. That means our hands must be doing, never idle, our feet moving, our hearts caring, that everything we touched reflect God’s loving character, healing nature, and abundant provision.

We can do this. We may fail but we know that it is not fatal; it is just a stepping stone, so we will never give up. So let’s do it with the purpose of loving God, and let’s do it INTENTIONALLY.

So I will end up with this verse that speaks about Jesus’ heart about us, and this is the same heart that I want God to plant and grow in me. Let’s not lose everything God entrusted to us, especially the relationship we have with our family, friends, and fellow Christians.

John 6:39 – “And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day.” (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment