Thursday, October 6, 2011

Galatians 1 - 3

There is a stirring in my heart that I know God is dealing with me. His words pierced me like arrows. And so I am trying to break it down.

1.       Is the Spirit of God that I received when I accepted Jesus Christ by faith, still in effect with my life? Meaning, am I still living my daily life according to the Holy Spirit’s initiative?
… I know somehow I can look back hours ago, days ago, weeks ago, even months, that I have been technically striving so hard to present results, a quality fruit that is pleasing to God and that would honor Him.
… But today, words of Paul in his letter to Galatian churches, deals with my very ATTITUDE of doing it MY WAY. I am trying so hard. I honestly admit, I couldn’t breakthrough (to really hearing) what the Holy Spirit is trying to tell me, to where He is leading me.
… The problem is maybe I am not willing to enter BROKENESS. I know there are times I am trying so hard to be BROKEN but I was really striving because I could not feel it, like my heart has grown numb and cold.

2.       The Gospel I claim to be preaching to other people, is it still the TRUE GOSPEL that I received? Or am I pushing too hard on technicality and keeping a LAW? Is it my purpose to RULE OVER the people I disciple OR do I preach the real life of Jesus to them?
… The problem is that if I will not be CAREFUL with how I connect with God, with how I’m living my relationship with my God, I could live in deception, and in that deception I am only deceiving others. I am becoming a FRAUD.
… I guess the question that I need to deal with is this: How is my relationship with the Lord? Am I still sensitive that He is with me all the time? Am I still allowing Jesus to change me everyday?

3.       Am I really claiming possession of the PROMISE of God in my life or am I just living according to the LAW?
… Galatians 1 -3 gives me a clear definition of what the promise of God really means. No more misconceptions, ONLY CHOOSE WHAT IS THE RIGHT PRIORITY.

4.       Honestly, how is my relationship with You Lord?
… I honestly admit that the life I live in the past days, weeks or even months is just a cover up, full of escape and pretention, (it was just) it turned out a HABIT to me. I settle for what’s easy to admit, what’s easy to carry but DEEP DOWN inside my spirit, it is very painful. And I escape all the more.
… Literally, the line was cut-off. Meaning, I am no longer connected spiritually. I died. You can put it as a spiritual coma.
… I could not allow Jesus to change me. I was dead.
… Because I was trying to cover up by living as if I had it all figured out, God had showed me in Galatians 3:21-22, that I am out of right relationship with God, and that He showed me the futility (the my pretentions are useless) of being so religious (a law-man), because only God can complete His promise.
… The TRUTH I gained now is that NO RULE-KEEPING, COVER-UPS and hiding in pretentions had the power to create life in me.

Galatians 3:26 (The Message) – By faith in Christ, you are in direct relationship with God.
… Living the life in Christ means for us the fulfillment of God’s original promise.

Now everything that must come out of my life must be from pure intention of having true relationship with Jesus Christ.

Galatians 2:20 (The Message) – I have been crucified with Christ. My EGO is no longer central. It is no longer important that I appear righteous before anyone or have anyone’s good opinion about me, and I am no longer driven to impress God.

(Lord, help me find my joy in You. I’m so desperate and restless. Restore Your joy in me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment