Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Psalm 16

Meditating, defining, reflecting Psalm 16 in my heart. 

Psalm 16
1 Keep me safe, O God,
for in you I take refuge.
2 I said to the Lord, “You are my Lord;
apart from you I have no good thing.”
3 As for the saints who are in the land,
they are the glorious ones in whom is all my delight.b
4 The sorrows of those will increase
who run after other gods.
I will not pour out their libations of blood
or take up their names on my lips.
5 Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup;
you have made my lot secure.
6 The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
surely I have a delightful inheritance.
7 I will praise the Lord, who counsels me;
even at night my heart instructs me.
8 I have set the Lord always before me.
Because he is at my right hand,
I will not be shaken.
9 Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
my body also will rest secure,
10 because you will not abandon me to the grave,c
nor will you let your Holy Oned see decay.
11 You have madee known to me the path of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

Psalm 16:8
 I have set the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. 


                   *Lord I pray that you search my heart. Is my heart still running after You? Are you still my priority? Am I really not shaken when I say to You that I'm not letting go? Pierce my heart Lord with Your love, and mercy. I am unworthy to claim verse 5 and 6. 

Its been a long time since I last pour out on my journal. I have no good thoughts to bring to You today. All I know is that I need Your grace desperately. My life and my commitment to You has been INCONSISTENT. I have been unfaithful even until this morning. I prayed that all my motives and intentions in WHY I DO THINGS in the first place, be align to what I wanted to believe I desire to live -- a Life of total surrender to You and purposely loving You and loving the people You have placed around me. But its not always that way. I was living in my addiction to the virtual world, like its the only thing real to me. It was like an addiction next to coffee. I am guilty. I wanted to come out of this life I have formed in me. I haven't been living the real life. I messed up the real life and now all I am is NOTHING before You. I could not bring up anything in me that is pleasing to You God.
I want to fight. Lord Help me. I am weak on my own. I want the strong man in me to DIE so that everything else that I am DEPENDS on You. 

Lord, You are my Lord, and my Savior; apart from You, there is no good thing in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment