Thursday, October 13, 2011

Only Connect: John 15:1-8

It is a brand new day indeed. I am looking forward to seeing the WORD OF GOD in a different way – with new eyes and ears and a fresh thirsty heart. Although my thoughts and emotions scatter in struggle with the old self, I know in my heart I am ready to go through this storm to step into another level of relationship with my God. I want myself to bring up the reality of the present situation of my heart when it comes to answering the question, “who is Jesus for me?

I want a new passion for Jesus to awake in me and along it, my desire to awake into a person God wants me to be. I want to desire what God wants me to desire, to dream what God wants me to dream, to live in a way that unbelievers are going to know and believe the God I serve, and that my life will be an offering of praise and worship to the Lord, the God of my life. And yes, to claim that Jesus is the Lord and God of my life – in a way too personal (kind of) relationship.

I missed these days. I missed the WORD soo much. I missed the presence of God so much. I longed to be filled and longed for my cup to overflow, to pour out what God have abundantly bestowed upon me.

I was reminded this morning that, God never calls me in this career path I am taking right now if it’s not for His own glory. He will use whatever He has given me in whatever way He wanted to. I will let the passion for the glory of God ignites and live through the veins and the blood left in me, even if that’s all I got left to give.

Our life’s struggles are not an excuse for us not to be excellent in the things that we do. Being excellent includes all aspect of our life, not just the ministry. It includes our family, relationships, finances, leadership and other areas of our life. Excellence demands HUMILITY that we have to remove pride and we must be willing to obey Christ.

ONLY CONNECT. John 15:1 – 8. “Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit in itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in Me… This is to my Father’s glory that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.”

No comments:

Post a Comment