Thursday, October 27, 2011

Thoughts on Stewardship

I know that with what I have right now, there are a million things about my personality, my character and my attitude that I know God has been dealing with me. And so I must know this that every day I must confess what I know is dominating in me.

Right now I’ve been clueless again how to look at the Word of God and see myself, my own reflection. It seems I always struggle in “self-condemnation”.

Last night I cried hard, my spirit cried. And I don’t want to fake my “today”. I know that my relationship with Jesus is the only thing that’s real and everything else without Him is fiction. So if once again I attempt to start my day, my life and my work without Jesus, I know it will be a wasted day, no matter what I produce, no matter how hard I live it, it will only count for nothing.

So I resolve that no matter how late I may start my day, I may compromise my work, my deadlines, my people, and everything around me, BUT never my God. I will draw in His presence. And I will stir up hunger in me even if it feels numb, even if I’m full of guilt and self-condemnation. I’m letting go of my life.
I asked God to take away my life. I want more of Jesus and less, less, less of me.

Titus 2:15 (The Message) – “You are in charge. Don’t let anyone put you down.” And may I add, “don’t let anyone put you down, not even yourself.”

I’ve read from a book, “You Money Counts” that being “IN-CHARGE” means “STEWARDSHIP”. A STEWARD is the one taking full responsibility for all the Master’s possessions and household affairs and the one having supreme authority under the Master.

God has given us the authority to be stewards of people, stewards of souls. But it is EXPECTED (more accurate is “REQUIRED”) in stewards to be found faithful. Before we can be FAITHFUL, we must know what we are required to do. We need to examine the Bible to find out how He wants us to handle His possessions. We are all STEWARD, let us handle our life well. I am learning and all is humbling me.

No comments:

Post a Comment